Friday, February 27, 2009

fingered notion

Not getting a big fat stimulus check? Yeah, me neither. Want some more bad news? Not much in way of freakiness or food in this post. I know, I know, consider this then one of those annoying Emergency Broadcast tests that only seem to run right in the middle of your favorite TV program.

What I wanted to raise up the pole today is the simple pleasure of finding clarity. Now I'm not talking spiritual, Burning Man Peyote Park stuff mind you. I haven't had near enough libation to reach that plane, but rather to me it's satisfying to come across a notion or even a singular word that brings right in to focus the definition of a concept. Allow me two uniquely related examples.

"Concepts, notions, definitions? Gringo you had me up through Peyote! Ok fuck the broadcast and that ear deafening emergency monotone Gringo...and get back to that killer chocolate cake recipe and that action with the ropes and restraints!"

Relax dear reader, the cake and restraints are coming, but I've got to keep up with that book learn'd blog reader too! Indulge me some Papa Hemingway:

The story was writing itself...I ordered another rum St. James and I watched the girl whenever I looked up...I've seen you beauty, and you belong to me now...You belong to me and all Paris belongs to me and I belong to this notebook and this pencil. Then I went back to writing and I entered far into the story and was lost in it.

I closed up the story in the notebook and put it in my inside pocket and I asked the waiter for a dozen portugaises and a half-carafe of the dry white wine they had there. After writing a story I was always empty and both sad and happy, as though I had made love...

- Ernest Hemingway writing of his time in Paris in the 1920s in A Moveable Feast



And for 'ol Gringo there it was. With a little lead in for color, Hemingway had defined for me a big part of my sexuality.

Now I know I'm not breaking new ground here...but if I may, I'd like to speak only for myself.
Sex, fucking, making love, in all its wondrous, naughty, loving ways is very much about the build and the release. The build can start in the mind and work and churn itself for days, leading further to that initial contact with your lover, further still into the myriad of ways to pleasure your lover, pleasure yourself, building always, the chemicals in your body raging, testosterone, endorphins, all building, for days perhaps, certainly hours.

I've not the language to describe fully the state of this build and how it feels to be in it. The blessed release, the orgasm further defies my own grasp of language, so I won't even bother here.

But what has been elusive for me is the mixed feelings. For those hours that I am building, the state that my body finds itself in, luxuriates in, is upon that release, gone...lost. It's not a painful crash of course, that's what the orgasm is for, but nonetheless it's that very blend of ecstasy and loss that quite simply, for me, I found definition of in a sixty year old book.

So 'ol Gringo likes to luxuriate! Ok that sounds a little creepy, but you get me. That state prior to the release, there is no better place to hang out. If they served tequila there I'd sit at its bar all the time...happy hour every hour. So when I get there, get the chance to be there, I wanna stay there. Thankfully I'm not too old for making return visits but there is nothing like getting to that place and then hanging around for a while. So how does 'ol Gringo manage that? Allow me a further indulgence:

If my reader hasn't had the time, there is an exceptionally good writer who shares of her adventures and misadventures with the rest of the lucky us on her blog. www.arousaloftheminx.com Fair warning dear reader, she will captivate you and you will spend loads of time at her sight, never mind the hot HNT pics she's so generous with.

I credit her with the clarity she inadvertently have me by using the word...edging.

I'd never heard of it, lord knows there is plenty I have never heard of, but as soon as I read the word, I knew exactly what she was talking about. Edging is the very notion I'm attempting so that I can hang on to that build, pushing back Hemingway's sadness. For me its the word I can use to best describe my attempt at that balance!

Mr. Hemingway, meet Little Minx...Little Minx, Ernest Hemingway circa 1921.

Whew!! If you've sat here at My Floridita this far into the post, you certainly deserve a reward! Or your computer has frozen and you are stuck with me. Either way, thanks for the time, I've got another post coming soon that I'll get to work on. So in the mean time, do some cooking, do so loving, and ladies, feel free to send in some nekkid pics!

And trust me, the chocolate cake is worth the wait fellow patron, and as for the ropes and restraints, well I've always been a good sailor...