Tuesday, July 22, 2008

An introduction...of sorts

So I should at the very least, introduce myself. In here, feel free to refer to me as the Gringo.

I am a man-child, mostly man, maybe, born and raised in the South. Rest assured there will be plenty of posts later defining and waxing poetic about where it is that I come from.

I've turned 29 a few times, and have celebrated that anniversary enough to say that while our 20s are great, our 30s ain't so bad either. But that's it, I've no desire to go any further, so I'll be maintain 30-something status for quite some time.

So what is this blog gonna be about? That's a good question and the answer might prove to be slippery and tough to nail down quite succinctly. But I do have at least an initial compass heading.

Food, sex, and my quest for excitement and adventure...'these are a few of my favorite things' Ok that was creepy, b/c that blond lady singing to those kids is now firmly stuck in my head. Sorry about that. While you attempt to clear your head, I'll break my big 3 subjects down a bit.

FOOD: Ok, I love to cook, and of course eat, but really I love to cook. I love the techniques, I love the tools, I love the ingredients, I love the history, I love the effort, and of course I love the result. I cook because I enjoy the retreat into the kitchen, and into myself, and I cook as an expression of emotion towards others. So one of the things we'll be bantering about is cooking and food and recipes and the like.

SEX: Ok, freaks relax; keep your pants on! Well, dudes, feel free to keep your pants on, ladies...indulge thy selves! While sharing that I do indeed love sex may not shatter blog site hit counters, I will most certainly be discussing, sharing and perhaps having, sex here.

ADVENTURE: I need it; I seek it, I search the Internet for it, but alas, I mostly dream of it. But I'm determined...fucking all hell bent on...stealing it!!!

So give me a chance fair readers, give the blog and its musings some time to reveal themselves, and always, feel free to order another round of whatever lights you up, here in My Floridita!